Particules and image previews in project

Hi, I got 2 issues here that i’d like to ask about that I noticed during this video. The particules I downloaded arent opaque like in the video, mine look as if they had a opacity reduction (I made them pink by changing the tint in the particule options). I tried other particules from the package and also the particules materials that are in unity already and even the basic white square look grey-ish because they’re not fully opaque.

Second, for some reasons all of my image previews are very smalls and it makes it hard to know which is which.

Here’s a picture that shows both problems in one.

Hi Zodi,

What resolution do the original sprites have that get used in the material? Try to reimport the assets with the right mouse button in the Assets folder.

Regarding the other issue, how is your particle supposed to look in your scene? Without knowing that, it is difficult for me to make any suggestions. Maybe check the Texture Import Settings of the sprite that’s used in the material. Its Texture Type should be set to ‘2D (Sprite and UI)’.

Hello, Nina, I managed to fix the opacity thing so that’s great. However, my previews of assets still remaing very tiny. Note that this happen to most assets previews so I dont think it’s a sprite size issue. But here’s the resolution of the sprite used for my particule that I pointed in the previous image.

It would seem that its only materials that becomes this tiny in the preview, the original sprite used for the material shows just fine with a decent size

Yes, that might be the case. :confused:

This problem is not exactly yours but you could test the solution anyway:

This looks like your problem:

Disabling and enabling ‘Generate an asset preview thumbnail for found items’ again might be worth a try:

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms