Particles For Rocket Boosters

I noticed that with my particularly rocket, having the particle systems as children to the rocket would cause the success/fail particle systems to rotate with the player which ended up looking quite weird at times.

If anyone else is wondering, a quick way to fix this is to prefab the particle systems themselves, remove them from the player prefab, and drag the prefabbed particles back into the serialized fields in the inspector.

Lastly, in your code, insert this line:
Instantiate(successParticles, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
successParticles.Play();

This will create a instance of the particle system when the player collides and will not move/rotate with the player.

1 Like

This helped me a lot, I did find Instantiate as an option when searching and this worked like a charm once I used it. My problem was that I am using assets I have as particles, they are prefabs already with stacked systems inside, so it wasn’t triggering or it was always triggering. This also broke the Level flow and the game would freeze once it crashed or landed on the pad. Right now I am trying to deal with those instances as they are still alive in their spawn point, I will try a destroy command when the key is not valid.

Privacy & Terms