Particles aren't showing up after pressing play

Hello. The course is really awesome. I’m both learning a lot and having lots of fun but I got stuck on this issue and I can’t resolve it on my own.
The code seems to work just fine. When the enemy dies, it is destroyed and it spawns the particle effect system(Explosion) which is deleted after 1 second.
The problem is that when I press play, none of the particles actually can be seen. I can see the particle effect icon both in my scene view and the hierarchy.
I tried some suggestions which I found here and on other sites but none helped.
My Z coordinates should be all in the correct order and nothing should he overlapping. When I switch to 3D view I can only see the icon and not the particles so it’s not in the rotation either. I have run out of ideas on what the problem might be.
Screenshot for visual aid.
If there is anything that I can clarify please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Report|690x386

Hi Ivan,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Since the z-position is usually a source of problems, I would suggest to share more information on what you did/have in your project because two heads are better than one.

Is PlayOnAwake enabled on the death VFX prefab? If it is, I would suggest to call the Play() method on the instantiated object directly after it was instantiated.

Are there any error messages in your console?

Thank you very much.
It Indeed was the play on awake. I didn’t know I had to manually turn it on.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms