Particle issue works then it dose not work?

so what is happening here. i add a tower and it shoots and damages the enemy like it should. then an obstetrical block moves into the line of the shot and moves out of the line of shot, and then none of the particles being shot hit their targets, they pass right through the enemy.

shots hit and damage enemy’s.
it appears that once a shot has hit an object, all other new shots only hit enemy’s after they have bounced of of that same object.
i drop a new tower in and shots damage enemy. again until they hit the obstacle and then again all new shots only hit enemy after the bounce off of the object… ahh so confusing.

with further research i have discovered that once a particle collides with a block (or any none enemy) no new particles will damage enemy’s while those shots are still in game.

once they have diapered new shots works as they should until it happens again.

how do i fix this plz? i need to keep the obstacles in game as that is part of the game mechanics

Hi Stuart,

First of all, good job on visual design of your game. It looks interesting. :slight_smile:

Please check the Ring Buffer Mode and the Max Particles value in the Particle System main module. See here.

Hey Nina :slight_smile:
hope you have had a nice week? i missed our little chats xD it was my birthday yesterday. 39 years old, i got to spend all day game deving, when my daughter was at day care… loved it.

sorry, back to the question…

eeerrm i followed ur link, iv kinda fixed it but not really… i have had to increase the speed of the shots and decrease the life span of the shots… so the problem is still there but it doesn’t effect the game…
i still don’t know why its happening.
i’m a little sad because the game was designed around slow bouncing shots, iv changed it now to work with fast shots… it feels like a patch not a fix but i wanted to push on.

Thank you im glad u like the look of my game. i do try. its the code that i find hard, artistic things come easier to me.

Hi again, Stuart. I’m sorry for the late response. I thought I already replied here. (Maybe on the day when I accidentally “destroyed” my computer.)

If you haven’t found a solution for the problem yet, I could take a look into your project. However, I cannot promise that I’ll be able to fix the issue. Could you please upload your project to GitHub without the Temp and Library folder and share a link to the public repository here?

Here is a tutorial video by Brackeys:

Hi Nina,

Thank you for the thought. I have moved on from this issue now. I wouldn’t want you to spend your time on it.

I’m not sure what it was that was doing it.
I had a similar problem with project boost, The rocket particles worked until the first time the rocket collided with an obstacle then the particles wouldn’t fire.
then this issue particles would stop damaging enemy’s if a particle hit an obstacle.
two game with similar particle issues.

Anyway, i have finished the 3D course now and i have moved onto the lighting course, then i have 3 GDtv blender courses and i decided to give the Unreal Blueprints course a try… well you know how awful i am at code.

And thank you for the GitHub video hehehe you know me too well. iv no idea how to use Github or version control for that matter.

Kind regards
Stu

Ps. did you see my old house i made for the zombie game? i spent soo much time on it… wish i hade known what i know now about lighting before i started it… ahhh thats one thing about the course, i wouldnt say i know how to make games now but i have a better understanding of what i dont know and need to.

Thanks Nina,
it is the Addamas family house xD

Wow, it looks so creepy! Did you use a reference for this house?

And congratulations on finishing the 3D course. Don’t worry if you are no expert in programming. Your designs look great, and games definitely need somebody who is able to create assets, not just people who are able to code. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms