Particle Grass is Black in Cycles

I did some particle grass in Blender, but the lighting is making the grass black in cycles. I think it may have something to do with how the lights are bouncing off the normals, I’m not so sure.

2 Likes

We can see the square image shape the grass is on. So I would guess it is related to the alpha not being connected to used somehow.

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

1 Like

The alpha is connected, it seems like the light is not passing through, and I tried alpha blend, alpha hash, and alpha clip.

1 Like

Odd as I was playing with geometry node scattering using an alpha image and this did not happen with thousands of instances.
However I recall the even older 2.7 course having to alter some parameter with high number uses of alpha image uses on grass using hair particles. Can’t recall what parameter and it is very late here to go searching for what it might be. Perhaps tomorrow.

Alternatively, append the objects into a new file, and test there. it may bypass some odd parameter accidentally altered.

Show us the node set up though.

1 Like

@NP5 in the old course, you need to set (I fogot) an option to fix the problem of having too many transparent (alpha) images, as in grass.

1 Like

See

1 Like

Bookmarked!! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms