Particle Emitter in 4.2.1 Behaving As If One Shot is Enabled

Having an issue where the particle emitter scene refuses to keep emitting after the particle lifetime is finished, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it. It spews out particles for about half a second and then stops, even though One Shot is set to false and emitting remains true.

I’m not sure what is going on here. Any ideas?

Particle emitters in Godot have forests upon forests of settings, and I’m guessing that’s why Bram supplied ready-made particle scenes for now instead of diving head-first into them. There are probably plenty of potential causes for what you’re seeing.

I’m going to assume that you have either modified Bram’s provided particle systems, or you have made your own from scratch, because Bram’s emitters worked fine when I tried them.

I would suggest downloading the provided particle scenes (fresh copies if you already did so), and then looking through the settings of both yours and the provided ones to identify any differences. Because .tscn files are plaintext-based, if you’re on Windows, you could also try using WinMerge to look for those differences automatically (and if you’re not on Windows, I’m sure there are other programs that do the same thing). It’s a fantastic little tool.
https://winmerge.org/

Good hunting =)

I did not change the emitter. It seems to be a bug within GODOT.

Switching from Forward+ to Compatibility fixed the issue, so it’s something in the renderer. Odd that it begins emitting and then just… stops… unless you turn off emission long enough for all the apparently invisible things to stop existing. Not sure what it’s doing. Hopefully it gets patched up going forward.

EDIT: Hi! Figured it out. It was a driver issue. System was not updating that like I thought it was! OOPS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms