Particle Effects Doesnt show up in scene view?

sooooo my particle effect bar where you can hit start or pause doesnt show up at all soooo…yeah…il just try and figure it out in the meantime cuzz i cant progress until i do.

the only time i can see any type of effect is when im playing the game and idk how to turn it on and off from the inspector because the bar where u hit start or pause is what people use.

Hi Jayy,

Select the GameObject in the Hierarchy which has the Particle Effects component attached, you should the see the menu with the Play options in the Scene view.

so i click on the object and it doesnt show the black menu and the parented object doesnt show it either.

But when i hit play its clearly showing the animation but not in scene view because i think its turned off but i wouldnt know how if the black box isnt popping up.

GOT IT!!! So i have no idea how or why this worked but while i was messing around with the scene view i hit Shift + Space to open up the entire scene view to see if it was hiding behind the UI or something then hit Shift space again and it popped up…no idea why but its there now. Not only that but the other animation packages show up if i drop them from them in the scene view now. I find it weird that just fullscreening then minimizing did this its pretty weird. must be some type of bug or something. hope this helps anyone who comes across this problem.

In your earlier screenshot you had the Inspector in Debug mode, it needs to be in Normal mode to see the little menu with the Pause, Restart and Stop options.

wow i feel dumb lol thank you!

No need to feel that way, it’s a little quirk and not something that is overly obvious. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms