Particle Collision Suddenly Stopped Working

So I was following this current tutorial when I went to play test and found out my particle collisions suddenly stopped working. Had the same issue earlier which I easily resolved by checking the OnCollisionSendMessage under the particle systems but that does not seem to be the issue here.

my code: using UnityEngine;

public class Enemy : MonoBehaviour
{
[SerializeField] GameObject DeathVFX;
[SerializeField] Transform parent;
void OnParticleCollision(GameObject other)

{
	GameObject vfx = Instantiate(DeathVFX, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
	vfx.transform.parent = parent;
    Debug.Log($"{name} Im Hit by {other.gameObject.name}");
    Destroy(gameObject);
}

}

Hi Mathew,

Are you getting any error messages in your Unity console when the particle collisions suddenly stop working?

No errors Messages at all just not functioning. The only message I’m getting is that the layout could not be fully loaded which I’m sure is unrelated

Really not sure whats happening but now I’m having a new weird issue with the particles not spawning at all sometimes they will if I move them somewhere else but not always.

been unable to resolve the issues unfortunately but nearly done watching/following this sections so I’ll finish it up and move to the next project for now

If the particles aren’t spawning on the object but are when you move it, they may be colliding with the object they are on. Make sure your player ship doesn’t have a collider that can collide with particles. I run into this problem with particles/projectiles all the time.

There is an actual problem with collisions that if they move too fast the collisions just can’t detect when colliding, try slowing down your particle simulation and check maybe that will help

I had this exact problem as above. I was so confused why they suddenly just didnt work, but after making couple duplicates of the enemy, for those it started working again. Had to slow the particles down a little bit

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms