Part 5 and 6 of the RPG Core Combat Series [Suggestion]

This one is not a question, but a suggestion for an extension:

I watched and implemented all 4 parts of the RPG Core Combat Series, and whilst I absolutely think it’s amazing what this community and the videos managed to get me to, I absolutely believe that there should be 2 more parts in the series:

• Part 5 will be about Crafting and Resource Gathering, where the player is able to not only gather resources from the environment (Fishing, Cooking, Hunting Wild Animals, Woodcutting, Mining, Smithing, Herblore, Farming, etc.), but he is also then able to use them to craft further materials in the game, or maybe even Smith better weapons and armor as the game goes. Gathering these materials will not be Coroutine-Timer based, but Skill-level based, and just like combat, it will be level-based, where we build a Skilling system that as we improve that level in-game, the better the items we can Fish, Cook, Smith, cut tougher trees, herblore better plants, etc, and the easier it will get for us to gather these resources (i.e: it starts off being hard, and there’s not much we can do about it, and it gets easier as our skills progress).

• Part 6 of the Series will all be about Networking. As the title suggests, we will walk through the steps of adding a Multiplayer system to the game to allow other players to interact with one another. If we can just seek a username and a password for a player when he enters the game, and then display a menu that asks him whether he wants to play the game in Single-Player or Multi-Player mode, that would be mind-blowing, because now we will have a game that can be enjoyed alone or with friends. We can then include PvP Systems, encourage multiplayer PvM, High-Stake areas in the game (where players can fight for each others’ items), etc. Don’t forget to take care of the Saving and Synchronizing system :wink:

Again, these are just suggestions I’d be extremely happy to implement into my own game, and I’m sure others would agree with me. Considering how far we got with this Series, it’s just so hard for me not to want these systems in the game personally. I hope the team would put my ideas into consideration, because this series is just incredibly good :slight_smile:

Moving this to course ideas to improve it’s chances of getting before the eyes of the decision makers. :slight_smile:

Hope they agree with me, thank you Brian :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms