Parenting the body

Barely noticeable but the eyelash seems to lift off the face at more extreme angles. What I’ve tried:

• Reparenting to the bone.
  • Moving the eyelash higher (Helped a lot)
  • Turned off modifiers and adjusted the mesh.
  • Checked weight paint its blue.

I did notice that the mesh seems to not be jumping but the camera angle seems to show the eyelashes jumping off the face. This is a different angle.

So. My work around is just to not move the head so far.

3 Likes

I had the same problem and I think I figured it out. The issue is that the face mesh is influenced by both spine 6 and 5 bones - with spine 5 influencing it only ever so slightly. So what I did:

• went to weight paint of the body mesh and painted eye area weight of spine 6 vertex group to 1
  • then selected spine 5 vertex group and painted that area to weight 0

now it all sits on top of each other like glued no matter how extreme the pose is. Hope this helps whoever is in this spot… and I assume it will also be fixe din weight paint lesson I havent watched yet :smiley:

2 Likes

Turn on auto normalize in the brush settings. When you weight paint, the influence of all other bones is reduced / removed.

I vaguely remember Grant talked about this issue. Often in the next video. Could also be location of the object.

In another course Grant mentioned deleting any other vertex groups that could impact the geometry. I have only this left for the belt buckle.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms