Parent Object at 0,0,0 with Particle Effects

So in the previous lecture I set the parent object at 0,0,0 and then made the rocket over the landing pad as Rick demonstrates. In this lecture it seems to be that the parent of all the rocket is directly over the rocket. However mine is at the origin of the world.

Thus when I 0 out the particle effect, its playing in the center of the level versus on my rocket. Am I just missing a step or should I just drag and drop onto the rocket?

1 Like

If you want object A to “follow” object B without coding you have to parent object A to B, so yes, you have to parent the particles to the moving object. Just FYI, it doesn’t work the other way around, if the moving object is A and it is parented to object B, object B won’t move.

I suggest you watch Rick’s hierarchy and compare it with yours carefully, to me it sounds like you have way too many objects parented to one another, not sure without an image, but if your rocket moves fine and the parent object is at the center of the world then it means your rocket is the child of another thing in the hierarchy and it shouldn’t be as far as I remember.

Did you child your Rocket to the landing pad? If that’s the case I suggest you re-watch the lecture where Rick moves the pivot point (the parent) of the rocket model.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms