Packaging failed for Marbel Run

Hi all,
I’m trying to package marble run to a Window’s stand alone, as I’m using a Window’s machine myself. but I got the following error massage and unreal engine tell me Packaging failed.

anyone know what’s going on?
it has 1 “Unknown Error” and 2 “Couldn’t update resource”
even though I’ve followed the course step by step up til now, the only difference is I’ve made the Marble Run folder for the packaing to goes into, on my desktop. I’m using Unreal Engine 4.20.3

There’s a few things you could try or think about, packaging errors tend to be a little vague so it’s not always one thing every time.

1. Scroll up in the output log, see if there are any warnings or errors. Typically related to file paths
  2. Close the editor, delete the intermediate and saved folders and try again (this is more effective for projects with C++ in them but it doesn’t hurt to try)
  3. Check for any non-english characters in the filepath to your project, also make sure you have space on your storage for both the project and where you’re targeting the build to be saved

Let’s start with these, it should help give more information to troubleshoot further if it does not lead to a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms