Packaging Error - Directory Issues OSX (UE5.3)

Hey everyone, I am struggling with packaging may game. I run into an error fairly early on in the process, where I am getting a directory error.

My game was made in UE 5.3, on OSX 14.2. I did back up the project at one point, then named it a new version before I continued working, is it possible that caused some issue?

Things I have tried in an attempt to diagnose and solve the problem:
-Running a basic test packaging the first person template from a new project worked as expected.
-Cloning the project and attempting to package resulted in the same errors and did not work.
-Deleting the BuildConfiguration.xml, which forced UE to regenerate upon starting up the project again, resulted in no change.
-Deleting the Binaries, Build DerivedDataCache, Intermediate, and Saved folders, then relaunching the project, also resulted in no change.

I have been trying to figure this out for two days and am beating my head against the wall. Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

[1/2] Updating version file: /Volumes/G-SPEED Shuttle XL TB3/0_GameDev/Projects/HallwayV4CLONE/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig
mkdir: /Volumes/G-SPEED: Permission denied
/Users/(user)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 21: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Build/Shuttle/G-SPEED.PackageVersionCounter: No such file or directory
mkdir: /Volumes/G-SPEED: Permission denied
/Users/(user)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 46: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory
/Users/(user)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 47: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory
/Users/(user)/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Mac/UpdateVersionAfterBuild.sh: line 48: /Volumes/G-SPEED/Intermediate/Build/Versions.xcconfig: No such file or directory

Turns out this was a permissions issue, and the project lost the ability to build config files to it’s own folder during packaging. Once I moved the whole project folder to another drive, and packaged from there, the packaging process completed as normal.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms