Packaged games does not spawn the player as the tank<Solved>

Hello,

I’m having an issue, packaging my game or launching as a desktop app causes my player not to spawn as the tank. Instead I am spawning as the default pawn.

Everything works fine when I play the game in the view port, for some reason launching the game/packaging is the only way I get this issue

I know there is another thread in here with someone who had the same issue. Unfortunately overriding the game mode in my game does not fix the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on maybe something I have missed? If you need additional details let me know.

Thank you in advance.

I fixed it, i’ll leave the solution for people for similar or the same problem:

I had to re-parent my BattleTankGameMode_BP (My BP to override the game in project settings) to Game Mode Base as it’s parent class. To do this, you do the following:

1. Right click the blue print and hit edit
  2. At the top, go to Class Settings
  3. On the right hand side there is an option called Parent Class, use the drop down to find Game Mode Base

The output log was my best friend in this, there was an error loading the original Parent Class.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms