Packaged game not opening

I packaged the game for windows but when I open the packaged game nothing happens, i’ve tried cooking the game before the packaging and it still doesn’t open. I’ve checked the task manager to see if there is a process of the game running but it is not there. I also tried to run it as administrator but still nothing happened.

By nothing happens do you mean you get a black screen? You probably didn’t set the default game map in your project settings.

The game just doesn’t open, it’s not even seen on task manager

Do you use any antivirus software or anything of that nature that could be blocking it from opening?

Of what i’ve seen from my antivirus it doesn’t block the app from opening

Do you mean you tested it with it disabled?

There should be a log file in the saved folder where your packaged game is located.

That should give some helpful details on the issue.

Sorry for the late reply, for the first question i did disable my anti-cheat and the game would still open
And here is the log file that i got from opening the game, i tried reinstalling unreal engine 5 to see if that would fix it since i saw a lot of things were apparently missing.
Log file open, 09/14/22 18:59:33
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘aqProf.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘aqProf.dll’ does not exist
LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from …/…/…/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64).
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ does not exist
LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.
LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.
LogInit: Display: Running engine for game: FirstPersonShooter
LogCore: Display: UnrealTraceServer: Unable to launch the trace store with ‘"…/…/…/Engine//Binaries/Win64/UnrealTraceServer.exe" fork’ (00000002)
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : platform=“Windows”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : config=“Development”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : buildversion="++UE5+Release-5.0-CL-20979098"
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : engineversion=“5.0.3-20979098+++UE5+Release-5.0”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : commandline="" …\FirstPersonShooter\FirstPersonShooter.uproject""
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : os="Windows 11 (21H2) [10.0.22000.856] "
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : cpu=“AuthenticAMD|AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : pgoenabled=“0”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : loginid=“50bbc68c4f36251fcfac21b027949d66”
LogCsvProfiler: Display: Metadata set : llm=“0”
LogInit: Display: Project file not found: …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/FirstPersonShooter.uproject
LogInit: Display: Attempting to find via project info helper.
LogUProjectInfo: Found projects:
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Reading toc: …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/global.utoc
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Toc signature hash: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Mounting container ‘…/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/global.utoc’ in location slot 0
LogPakFile: Display: Initialized I/O dispatcher file backend. Mounted the global container: …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/global.utoc
LogPakFile: Display: Found Pak file …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.pak attempting to mount.
LogPakFile: Display: Mounting pak file …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.pak.
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Reading toc: …/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.utoc
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Toc signature hash: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
LogIoDispatcher: Display: Mounting container ‘…/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.utoc’ in location slot 0
LogPakFile: Display: Mounted IoStore container “…/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.utoc”
LogPakFile: Display: Mounted Pak file ‘…/…/…/FirstPersonShooter/Content/Paks/FirstPersonShooter-Windows.pak’, mount point: ‘…/…/…/’
LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper
LogStats: Stats thread started at 0.084409
LogICUInternationalization: ICU TimeZone Detection - Raw Offset: +10:00, Platform Override: ‘’
LogInit: Session CrashGUID >====================================================
Session CrashGUID > UECC-Windows-6B53810442B0F96FD2B179B67E611FC7
Session CrashGUID >====================================================
LogPluginManager: Error: Unable to load plugin ‘Bridge’. Aborting.
LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: EngineExit() was called)
LogExit: Preparing to exit.
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RenderCore (26)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Landscape (24)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SlateRHIRenderer (22)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AnimGraphRuntime (20)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Renderer (18)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Engine (16)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CoreUObject (14)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (12)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (10)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RSA (9)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module NetworkFile (6)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module StreamingFile (4)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module StorageServerClient (2)
LogExit: Exiting.
Log file closed, 09/14/22 18:59:33

Looks like there’s some plugin called ‘Bridge’ that’s refusing to load. See if you can disable it in your project then package again.

Also, if you haven’t already, try updating your graphics card drivers.

I checked my plugins and it seems i don’t have any downloaded, and the graphics card was already updated

Bridge is probably not a downloaded plugin (I suspect it’s actually Quixel Bridge). You should be able to search for it in the plugin settings for your project.

Thank you so much, it was Quixel Bridge that was not allowing the game to open

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms