Other options versus Creating New GameMode / Default Pawn

hi
The class is great .
i was wondering what other options we have to achieve the Grabbing…etc like;

• creating other type of actors that we can control to grab items versus the way we create a BluePrint copy of GameMode and Default Pawn;
  • what are pros / cons in a summary So we can overview info of it.

Just asking to learn. Mike mentioned briefly that in our case this is an easier option instead of setting a character…Or is that something that will be discussed or covered later…
Is that a typical way to do it ?
Note: i am not complaining; i love the class all the details and knowledge of the instructor is awesome…

Could you provide context? Perhaps with a timestamp? I’m not sure how these things are related currently.

1 Like

I am not sure what you meant But what i was trying to ask if we create a Character actor could we grab the item and move it to trigger to keep the door open. Isnt what we are trying to achieve ? Maybe i misunderstood ?
Just asking to learn but if we are going to learn in the other sections then never mind

If you implement that behaviour, yes.

Note: I’m still not clear on what you’re asking and how it relates to the game mode.

1 Like

SORRY total forgot about…
i went a head completed that section ad now i understand what you meant about the context and also my Gamemode does not make sense after i have fully understood after implementing the Grabber.cpp and the rest of the actors, i now understand what we arectrying to achieve and you are right my GameMode question does not make sense…so just ignore it…thanks anyway…sometimes i get into details of doing somethng that i miss the Context; what we are trying to achieve…and you are there are different ways to do it … this is just one way of doing and it is awesome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms