Organics are tough

my poor GPU cant handle blender so its up to my CPUand it crashed out 4 times trying to render this.

I also realized my scale was wrong at some point so I scaled it down for my draw distance, well later i decided to add a few more objects to fill my scene only to have them fly from one side of the map to the other in a now deleted render. I had keyed the scaling with all my objects, cameras and lights into the animations.

I’m officially done with this scene sigh!!!

Fusion Clip 1 Render 1 (2)

5 Likes

Very cool.

What GPU do you use? I run a 1060 GTX 6GB. A single frame in cycles takes several minutes - even when limiting time spent per frame it takes up to 30s.

The thing that crashes Blender is/was power management. For whatever reasons Win10 decides - to reduce energy consumption - to hibernate the dedicated GPU.

Anyhow. Very cool render.

1 Like

I have a 780ti that doesn’t run on cycles at all, it can only handle EEVEE. I’m using my 7800x3d for cycles to get around 10 samples in 20 seconds. a buddy recommended setting a sample target instead so it don’t give inconsistent quality. (not sure if they are right but I don’t want to be an ‘ask hole’)

ill definitely look into a work around for the hibernate issue

thanks I really appreciate that

Edit sure enough you’re right my GPU was going into hibernate, followed a tutorial and its fixed now many thanks! Happy new year

2 Likes

Glad this helped. (… and as we speak, my GPU disappeared from the system. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

Yes, sample target is what I do. Look up a few videos on YouTube about tweaks for cycles.
e.g., you can set the noise threshold to .3, use denoise, use simplify, enable persistent Data, reduce the light paths, etc.

AgX seems to render faster too.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Awsome tips thank you

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms