Orc images - Texture painting done

Might add more roughness to the body in the future. Moving on to rigging and animating. I was determined to make this color palate work lol, I added a green mid-tone and changed the hues from my last image. Was a lot of fun to practice painting and the other elements that it took to get to this point, I’ve learned a ton.

• I ran into a funny issue that I didn’t realize until it was too late in my opinion, but the UV map for the body unwrapped and laid on top of itself over the back. This caused a variety of issues and causes it to look pretty jagged, but I decided it actually wasn’t a big enough deal to re-do all the maps.

You can see this overlapping issue here:

Luckily none of my other items had any issue like this, and the areas did actually share the same textures and colors, so it did not ruin my work or stop me from proceeding.

10 Likes

He looks like a daydreamer :smiley:

Nicely done! ^^

2 Likes

I like it. Looks awesome. Am I imaging things or is one of his tusk gold? Because me and my adventures would love to run into an orc with a gold tooth :grin:

3 Likes

Oh, you know it, gold tooth! Pirates are always on the mind, and I couldn’t help but think of adding one :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  • You can select the uv-island and move it with ‘g’ grab.
  • if the island is sticky to an other island then place a seam at the right edges.
4 Likes

So I love the model, and I love the materials - the subtle highlights on his face make it SO good.

The thing I do not like is the low resolution textures, it makes the skin look muddy almost. Only thing I would change!

4 Likes

The textures are all done in 2048 as Grant did for the tutorial. There’s a lot of blending colors in his skin

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms