Orc Girl- Final Result + Walk Cycle

My final result. I didn’t export it to Unity, however. I prefered to focus on rigging and making walk cycle on my own.

I decided to make a female orc instead. Besides, I spent some time going deeper into rigging before animating the walk cycle (I even read the corresponding section of Blender manual to find out more about it, ha ha ha). I also spent about two or three weeks learning the basics of anatomy during my free time.

8 Likes

Time well spent it is looking good.

3 Likes

Try to animate the hips (shoulders) too.
You have the basic walk cycle covered.
Try to make it more lady like.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the advice. I found rigging very challenging. I will consider your comments for next model, however. Thanks again.

1 Like

It is! Especially the NLA editor, to wierd for my taste.

1 Like

Well done! This is fantastic. It’s clear to see the amount of work you put into this and it’s a real pleasure to see the end result. Rigging is a whole new skillset and it appears you’ve really got to grasps with how it works in blender. And then you animated it as well. Again this is a whole other skill all together! Is this your first animation? If so, it’s incredibly high quality for a first walk cycle.

Great job and congratulations!

3 Likes

That is a great orc girl and walk cycle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment as I struggled very much doing it. It is my first character animation, I had done some very simple camera animations before following Grant Abbitt’s youtube tutorials. I found a very good walk cycle reference on youtube and started studyng “Humane Rigging” tutorial mentioned in Blender’s manual.

I can notice there are some areas to polish, but it was so challenging that I already needed a break. And honestly I also took my time to face every unplanned challenge that appeared (and as a begginner there are always so many).

Really, thanks again!

Thank you very much! Nice comments are always a great motivation, thanks for taking the time of writing.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms