Ogre/Oni - Armor and clothing

All done, I also added a few details I made using another tutorial (This one: How to Model a Rope in Blender - YouTube) because I really wanted a rope belt :heart_eyes:
I used screw and curve modifiers, also there are some strings made with extruded Bézier curves.

…But now there’s a question: do I need to apply and convert everything to mesh to go on, or is it ok to have them like that? I don’t know what to do :woman_facepalming:t2:

(PS: Yes, he has bigger feet now :rofl:)

6 Likes

Great Ogre. Nice clothing and belt.
Yes they will need to be meshes so they can be remeshed lower poly, UV unwrapped and baked.
Sort of depends on where you are going with him. Most of Grant’s direction is to game uses. Also animation, needs lower poly versions to rig and animate.

2 Likes

As NP5 already mentioned, it all depends on its usage.
But it starts mostly with this, high-end model. So well done.

• Add armature, to give him a pose, so you can use it in an illustration scene or send it to the 3D-print shop.
  • Make a low poly version, and add armature, so you can animate or use it in a game.
1 Like

Very nice ! May be a proportion issue with the arms. The upper arms seem too long, and the lowers & hands look too thin, especially from profile.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms