Obstacle Course - Bugs

Hi I am facing mainly 3 issues with my game right now, I hope to find solution here.

3 issues,

1. Walls glittering when player’s around the corner.
  2. Automatic movement when collided with an obstacle.
  3. Getting out of the boundary when bumps on a corner.

All the issues are covered in this small video. please check it.

Thank you!

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

In which lecture are you?

1. What do you mean by glittering? Is the wall material “metallic”? That’s an option in the material settings.

2. Who is moving automatically? The player? If so, that’s because the ground has no friction. You could create a PhysicMaterial in your Assets folder, increase the friction and assign the material to the ground collider.

3. Unity cannot handle fast moving objects well. What you could try is to select all walls and objects with colliders which are not supposed to move at all in your game. Then tick “Static” next to their name in their Inspector. Test your game again. If the issue persists, go to the Physic Settings and increase some of the iteration values slightly.

Let me know if this helped you solve the problems or if you still need help. :slight_smile:

See also:

Hi @Nina ,

I am really sorry about the late reply. Please check the video link I provided to know more about the issues(Video is hardly 30secs long). The glittering effect is also clearly showed there. Here’s the video link,
https://youtu.be/uwguanGk8D0

About the player’s automatic movement, I just fixed it by applying the physic material.
My concern is GLITTERING EFFECT, please check the video to know more.

Thank you!

Thank you for the video. It was very helpful. :slight_smile:

To ensure I understood you correctly, the “glittering effect” is this?

If so, that’s the infamous z-fighting effect. Since the surfaces of the walls share the same position, the renderer does not know which one to render first. That’s why you are getting this “funny” effect.

The solution is to not have them overlap. Make the blue wall shorter so it is not inside the red wall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms