Objects Unloaded in Outliner?

I have a few objects see the screenshot please. That are showing unloaded when I am in create mode and they of course disappear from my level. How to fix this please so they show. They do show up during play.

Unloaded2

Hi,
This is related to the world partition feature on unreal engine 5.i had to look this up as I’ve never seen it before.

Basically it loads segments of your map and when you approach new area, it loads the new segments in.

I don’t know exactly how this works so it might be worth looking up the docs for more information.

I hope this helps.

Hello! @beegeedee is correct, the World Partition loads and unloads meshes as needed to save resources during editing and gameplay. It loads partitions as the character nears them (or by manually loading them in the World Partitioner). However, this can be a bit annoying during editing. To disable this, simply click on World Setting on the right had side of the engine and uncheck “Enable Streaming”. This will turn off the level streaming feature so you can edit the entire scene freely. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Just in case anyone else needs to know as we are noobs, its the settings on the right hand side and then World Settings.

So

Settings → World Settings - > enable streaming (untick)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms