Object Not Following Camera, or FVector

Here is an image of my BP_Player

Also the “Grabber” does not release the object, and the object floats above the players head. It also does not follow the camera. I have looked over the code, and cannot see the error. I believe it to be in UE5.3 engine, something like a setting I have overlooked.

This is the grabber.cpp gist:738e4d5a7bc3282e8bde7967428c7bb0 · GitHub

This is the grabber.h

I’ve try and learn from my errors, as this is where I tend to learn and retain the most. This one has me stumped.

Appreciate any help in advance.

Through some more troubleshooting, it looks like it does move with the camera, but ever so slightly. It barely rotates but does not follow the FVector from the camera, and rotates inverted (when move the camera left, it moves slightly right). I’m not sure if this bit of information will help with the troubleshooting.

Could you show where your grabber is in the viewport?

Sure thing. I am currently at work, so I just want to make sure I understand before posting the viewport picture. Do you want a picture of the vector and draw debug sphere?

It looks to be below the character

I have moved the grabber to the camera level. This image is what I end up with, and still does not follow the camera component, or character component.

The vector looks better placed however, vs. at the pawn’s feet. From the screenshot you can see the statue is far to the right.

I was able to solve my issue by rebuilding both the Unreal Project project files, and recompiling the code. All is working now! Thank you for the quick responses and support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms