Oberweis Sketch

I decided to make the interior of an Oberweis ice cream shop in my hometown. Here is a quick sketch of the layout of the building. I only plan to keep the camera in the dining room area so I don’t think I’m going to bother making the long hallway to the bathroom or the back room of the kitchen. I’ll just have a couple counters there so it isn’t empty. I spent a lot of time here as a kid so I really want to capture the essence and feel of this place.

Update: Here is a super basic layout of the store with just walls, counters, and the pillar in the middle. There are some open walls I still need to figure out though since I’m not concerned with the top-right area of the store. Maybe I’ll just put a big appliance there as a barrier.

2 Likes

Do you have a camera (or multiple) positions in mind?
The way you place the camera, will also determine the need for the objects.
What is out of sight you don’t need to to build.

1 Like

I was thinking mostly in the 4 corners of the store, looking inward (as indicated by the blue arrows). The pillar in the middle blocks things in almost every view so you’re right I’ll have to determine what I actually need to make and if I’ll even see it.

2 Likes

You can always scale central pillar down. Maybe the overall look will change a bit from what you remember, but in terms of final result it could be better.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I have to start practicing moving away from perfect realism and change things so they look good in the scene. Thanks!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms