Number Wizard UI, see if it has your number

Hi all, Please have a try at my game.

I’ve used the random range and a guess counter

http://gamebucket.io/game/413d1141-75ae-4472-90fc-91c59c3db923

1 Like

Very nice @Wesley_Stuart :slight_smile:

I like the text “this will not happen again” when I won, hehe… incidentally, it did :wink:

If I guess at 1,000, or even 999, you’re wizard sadly doesn’t get there in the number of guesses he has… as you can imagine I am feeling pretty much like Saruman about now, having just trapped Gandalf on the top of my tower! :wink:

If I guess 1 and click lower, if the wizard gets there quickly enough (which he did on the first try guessing 2), I can keep clicking lower and all that happens is that the wizard counts down his guesses until I win again, although he won a number of turns previously.

Disabling the higher / lower buttons when the number can’t be any higher or lower would be good - or perhaps using a bit of that cheeky text to suggest I’m cheating might be good :slight_smile:

Nice bright colours, good fun to play and additional kudos awarded for it working in Chrome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rob

I thank you for your response, it’s a cool and interesting experience uploading games for others to run wild on.

Keep giving him chances on the 1 and 1000 numbers I think the random logic a bit of a bug. I am trying to implement both the division of the sum of max and min by 2 and a random to give a real random feel while being inefficient, but that’s what testing is for:slight_smile:

Appreciate that you gave constructive notes as well as where I need to address some bugs.

I’ll definitely revisit these first games with more functionality in the near future.

Happy building:grin:

hehe, a little nerve wracking too! :slight_smile: One of the great things about the community here is that there are loads of really nice, friendly people who are always willing to play test and offer suggestions / feedback.

Appreciate that you gave constructive notes as well as where I need to address some bugs

You’re more than welcome. Even this basic games can be really transformed with some simple changes, things like the colours which you have already considered, maybe later on some sound effects - a background image of a wizard etc etc - the more people you share the game with, the more feedback you will get, invariably someone will think of something that no one else has which can be fab. Share it with your friends and family on Facebook or something like that.

I’ll definitely revisit these first games with more functionality in the near future.

Awesome, I hope you enjoy the rest of the course and look forward to seeing what else you create and share with us all :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms