Nothing is being grabbed

On top of still having issues from previous classes, I now cannot get the grabber functionality. I’m using 4.27.2

What logs that you wrote, if any, are you getting?

I am only getting “Grabber Pressed” and “Grabber Released.” Nothing else

Can you help me?

Try adding an else statement to your if(ActorHit) statement to assist in debugging. Let it say something like, Actor not found. This will tell you that it is going through with the if statement, and that something is wrong with the check.
I’m assuming that’s what your trying to test?

I have never been able to get it to output “Line trace has hit %s” before, but I ignored it and thought I could fix it later. Now I cannot get it to grab anything.

Today when I opened it back up for the first time in two days the green ray trace isn’t there at all. It flashes in and out when I move sometimes.

I added the else statement and it keeps putting out the log for the else statement. Now I just have to figure out why there are not hits

Are the actors that you are trying to pick up using the PhysicsActor collision preset?

If you want you can send your project for me to take a look. You can do that by using the following link.

https://gdev.tv/projectupload

Please use File > Zip Project within Unreal as this will ensure only required files are zipped up and things like the Binaries are excluded.

I sent it. I switched them to PhysicsActor and turned on generate hit events, but I still cannot pick them up and I cannot see the green ray cast line like I use to.

Thanks for your time helping me.

They weren’t simulating physics.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms