Notched bishop - Boolean difference modifier not working

Hi there,

For some reason, the boolean “difference” operator does not work with the “boolean helper shape” that I created, as illustrated in the image. With other shapes, like the cube (which is also included in the image for illustration purposes), the boolean modifier works just fine. Also, interestingly enouogh, the other boolean operations “intersect” and “union” work fine with my “boolean helper shape”, just not the “difference” operation. I created the “boolean helper shape” from bezier curves which I convereted into a mesh object. Any idea, why it does not work?

1 Like

Try the ‘fast’ calculation method. Strangely the exact calculation is not always better.
If that does not work try minor movements in your notch cutter object, as Boolean ban be very sensitive to verts interaction if too close.

1 Like

Thanks, just figured it out. When I created the “boolean helper shape” from the Bezier curves initially, it didn´t have proper mesh data. I basically just created one face to connect all the vertexes (created from the “convert to mesh data operation”). I now re-created the “boolean helper shape” and this time I created a number of sub-divisions in the mesh date. Then the boolean “difference” operator worked :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms