Not so spooky hallway with barrels of toxic goo

I don’t have a discrete graphics card on my computer at work so cycles renders very slowly. I will try this again at home with a better computer and see if I can make the lighting a bit more spooky.

5 Likes
  • Lower resolution
  • lower samples (to 64, 128), and switch on denoising
2 Likes

The models all look fine but the scene is just too bright to be spooky, what are you using for lighting here? You probably got it set way to high.

3 Likes

I thought I had put all my lights in a collection but there was one behind the camera shining 150 W of bright light on the scene!

I deleted that light and it really helped darken the scene.

3 Likes

That has made a better ambience, spookier.

Though from the viewing angle of a mouse or cat? :grinning:

2 Likes

Great work!

Yes, the lighting is spookier in the second render. Glad you found that stray light!

I like the angle! When the underpaid soldiers come into view from behind the camera, we will see only their worn shoes at first. Then, as the rest of their bodies come into frame, we will see them only from the back and might catch a glimpse of an insignia on the uniform identifying the evil agency they work for. Only later will we see their faces and the horrific effect the toxic substance has had on their skin!

There’s that and the classic explanation that a low angle makes the scene look powerful and the makes the viewer feel helpless.

3 Likes

That is some good writing. I can see the story boards in my mind’s eye!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms