Not so hot computer = long render times

The last image took 2:30 hrs. to render … I cranked up a lot of samples to check the quality of the current scene at this current time.

long render without denoise:

4 Likes

Coming on well.
The bane of rendering, time for proper results. Going to need some quantum jump of some new tech to solve it at all. Processors and cards do get better over time but it is slow steps or ‘cheats’ like Eevee sadly. Even now the newer cards are just not available.

3 Likes

… and we find new ways to choke them with more complex things :sweat_smile:

Vantage is the first of a kind… Can’t wait till Blender goes full real time path tracing… will take a while probably

1 Like

:rofl:

What? Us add ever more details, textures, movement, physics, to our scenes?

Can’t think who that might be! Few tens of million verts should be everyday stuff.

Vantage looks good though I guess it is set up for architectural stuff. Seems odd if it is that good really. Maybe some variation on Eevee style? Plus the worst old renting it attitude. Hopefully, if there is anything really new in how it renders, it will come through to Cycles. Blender has now a dedicated team on rendering.

3 Likes

:rofl:

From what I understand its basically VRay, but in real time - so not only architecture (though I guess it’s a big part of its intended usage, and probably some features are not supported). Yeah, it sounds like black magic… but so were many other things in the past…

It’s free till June and I plan to check it out at some point while it’s free… :crossed_fingers: for Cycles team - Chaos Group showed that it can be done!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms