Not-so-extreme tuning

I didn’t so much go extreme with tuning any particular thing, but I did invest some time into the art design I was going for. This is my first time with any coding language, and with this project, I got to get some practice in pixel art, normal mapping, post processing, and adding in features and mechanics to make something fully playable. Still got a lot of things to work out, but it’s been a fun process.

9 Likes

I like how you have the ball interact as a light source to the blocks. very nice touch!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve actually redone the normal maps for the blocks to make them seem more rounded. It’s definitely something I want to work on a lot more to utilize in future projects.

Mannnn is amazing. I want to know how you make the intro effect. is gorgeous and the block ilumination by the ball. Do you make in 2D or in 3D. Because i cant say how i like the effect.

(sorry my english. I begin to pratice recentily)

1 Like

Intro/backgrounds were done with a tool called PixelFX Designer. It’s a little odd to get used to at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s worth the buy.

Illumination is done in Unity, but the 2D block sprites are normal mapped to create the illusion of dimension. I used Sprite Illuminator to paint the normal maps. I added a light source to the ball and also used post processing to add a global bloom to add the glowing effects.

2 Likes

Can really see the hard work you put into this project beyond the regular requirements, and in your case it was really worth it because you’ve got yourself a wonderful looking game! well done!!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms