Not seeing any words in the terminal, and cl isn't recognized

Hey guys! Im just at the end of video 13 in the course, and I’m having some trouble. When I right click and open my triplex.cpp from the left bar there into my terminal, nothing really happens. I don’t see the words pop up like in the tutorial at all. I tried continuing anyway, and the terminal says it doesn’t recognize the command “cl”. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit: I tried typing out the beginning part of the command line that should have came up for me along with the part i was asked to type ( D:\triplex>cl triplex.cpp ), and it is now saying: “The system cannot find the drive specified.”.

Hi, im new here but i’ll try to give you a hand. I think this is because your system is not finding the compiler ( that cl command you enter). As i understand, this can be caused by 2 things. First you need to have downloaded and installed VS Community and after doing this, you need to open the Developer Command Prompt for VS and then run the command code to open your Visual Code. Once you are here, try running the cl command again on the Terminal.

Let me know how this goes!

1 Like

Woo! That worked! Thank you so much! If anyone else is having the same issue as I did, the solution gatero is talking about was explained nearer the end of video 9. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms