Not exactly a modular dungeon... But used the skills!

It’s been a while since I finished the tutorials for this segment of the class, so I wanted to see if I still remembered a lot of the concepts, and wanted to apply them to a new project to test myself. (Note, I’m a complete beginner, so I only know really what’s been taught in the lectures so far, so I haven’t gone above and beyond doing things like adding textures, etc).

Cue my pregnancy! Me and my husband are currently living in his family home with his mom while he completes school and we try and save for our own house. Our room is small, but there is a bigger one in the house, currently used for storage, previously used by one of his brothers who currently has moved away for work. So far, the intent seems to be to keep us in the same small room, so to illustrate how impractical that would be, I said “Hey! How about I practice my low-poly modular skills and make the room, with the current and future furniture, all exactly to scale!”. My husband is also going through some Unity tutorials, so I’m also learning how to export for that, and he wants to eventually throw it into VR so we can really show what it would look like crammed with all the required furniture.

Anyways, the images are how our room is currently laid out, again, with the furniture itself at an exact 1:1 scale (I suppose I should say +/- half an inch). One image is with the ceiling light on, the other is with it off with just the window and the lamp on the left for light. (The small white thing isn’t a roll of toilet paper, it’s an air purifier :rofl: )

Even though simplistic, I’m very proud of this, as I hammered it out in maybe about a couple hours total, and didn’t have to “refresh” myself on the techniques.

5 Likes

This looks amazing!

1 Like

Looks good and a fine example of the many uses of Blender. I have used it to model things I am considering making.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms