Not Correct Definition of ISOGRAM

I checked online the definition of Isogram and it is An

isogram is a word that contains repeated letters the same number of times, thus that presents letters the same number of times.

But the Way Rick Sir is implementing the IsIsogram() It does not match with the definition of isogram
so i have thought of a way to overcome it and here it is (Please correct me if you find anything wrong)

int32 i,j;

TArray<int32> Freq;

//Array Of Frequencies

for(i=0;i<PlayerGuess.Len();i++) 

{

TCHAR Letter=PlayerGuess[i]; 

int32 Frequency=0;

for(j=0;j<PlayerGuess.Len();j++) 

{

if(PlayerGuess[j]==Letter)

{

++Frequency; 

}

}

Freq.AddUnique(Frequency); 

}

//Check For Isogram     

for(i=0;i<Freq.Num();i++)

{

for(j=0;j<Freq.Num();j++)

{

if(Freq[i]!=Freq[j])

{

bIsIsogram=false;

break;

}

}

if(!bIsIsogram)

{

PrintLine(TEXT("Entered Word Is Not An Isogram"));

break;

}

}

There’s no clear definition of the word.

It is not clear who first coined or popularized the term. The concept appears in Dmitri Borgmann’s 1965 book, Language on Vacation: An Olio of Orthographical Oddities, though he uses the term isogram,[1] and in a 1985 article, Borgmann claims to have “launched” the term isogram then.[2] In the 1985 article, he suggests an alternative term, asogram, to avoid confusion with lines of constant value such as contour lines, but continues to use the term isogram in the article itself.

The term isogram or nonpattern word has also been used to mean the same thing.[3][4][5] Isogram has also been used to mean a string where each letter present is used the same number of times.[6][4][7] Multiple terms have been used to describe words where each letter used appears a certain number of times. For example, a word where every featured letter appears twice, like “appeases”, might be called a pair isogram,[8] a second-order isogram,[4] or a 2-isogram.[5]

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms