No sound?

Is it just me or is the sound not working on the lamp section?
I went back to the previous video and it had sound so it’s not my headphones/speakers

2 Likes

I had this happen to me recently, and it drove me cazy trying to figure out what the problem was. Here’s what I discovered.

"As it turns out when you’re viewing the video, one of the icons at the bottom right is a small “speaker” and if you hover over it, it will show a thick vertical line in either white (off) or red (on). I didn’t realize at first when I checked it, that the solid white vertical line above it was why it was off.

What’s surprising me now is, it only turns white if I click on it, and then a diagonal line goes through the speaker, so you would know it’s off. I wasn’t seeing that earlier, so it didn’t hit me that the white line wasn’t what I needed to see.

I just realized it wasn’t really off, just lowered to zero volume, which is why the speaker icon didn’t change to the one with the diagonal line through it. I just clicked on it and dragged upwards (choosing the volume level), and now it works again."

I hope that helps.

2 Likes

You will need to tell us what lecture has no sound, but I tested one and it is no problem.

I’m having the same issue. It is the lamp lecture from Low Poly Landscapes course. The last video of the basic modeling section.

“The Lamp”
Last lecture in the Basic Modelling section

2 Likes

There is no volume control for me on the Gamedev.tv viewer, this was the first place I looked as I know this happens on Udemy

Ok Got it you are quite right. I will chase people up on that. It was working when I did it.

1 Like

Ohhhhh, OK. I didn’t realize there were two different sets of video systems, and since I purchased my Blender classes 4 1/2 years ago through Udemy, that’s why I watch the videos through their system.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I also do not have sound on this video.

Would be nice to get this fixed please.

This is odd as i have just check the video myself and i have sound in the video at each point i checked, including the BOING at the start of the lecture.

I suggest trying another browser and having a fiddle with the sound slider.
If its part of a video please do let us know

1 Like

I can confirm it is now working again for me too.

2 Likes

Very strange - it’s now working properly for me.

The weird thing is that, yesterday, all the other videos were fine, it was just this one that didn’t have sound, even after a refresh. It wasn’t the volume slider or anything like that. But as of today it’s working just like all the others.

So thank you to whoever or whatever made a change!

3 Likes

Back in those days (2016, 2017) I had these problems also.
manage to fix it, by switching browser, removing cache, and logging out and in again ( or restarting win7).

But I must admit, it isn’t stable. Maybe because people are switching between Udemy and GameDev …?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms