No Man's Sky

I think it’s great, even on the PC with the current memory make another issues. It runs at 4K at about 30 frames per second on a GTX 980 for me. Can’t wait to dive back in and discover more of the virtual into the universe.

Did you know there are so many planets in the game that every block in a full-sized PC Minecraft world would have 144 planets in it!

3 Likes

Havent had a chance to play it yet, need to do some upgrades to my computer before I can so it will be a while unfortunately.

I’d be more interested in seeing their algorithms for generating planets and wildlife.

3 Likes

It’s not as bad of a game as the No Mans Sky community makes it out to be :open_mouth:. On one hand, I understand certain backers are disappointed that it didn’t have ALL the features promised at E3 (like multiplayer, AI bodyguards, or intricate faction wars), and maybe pricing it 60$ was a tad much for something that the developers knew was Beta-like, but in ALL HONESTY it’s a great casual game which was surprisingly ambitious for such a small dev team (I think it was only 12 people). I’m still enjoying just cruising around and discovering planets. I’m hoping all the negativity won’t stop them from updating/finishing it.

The backlash was waaaaay over the top in my opinion. I’ve played worse games at the 60 price-tag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s an awfully elaborate ‘casual’ game! But I was disappointed by the planet progression in The Old Republic and hated the space combat in Star Trek Online so here’s hoping N.M.S improves on both of those aspects.

Privacy & Terms