No Autocomplete/IntelliSense?

Somehow i cant get the Intellisense suggestions working. After switching from Unity (C#) to Unreal (C++) i’m still learning a lot of the basics and i would love to scroll down the possibilities i can call, but after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times i cant get any autocompletion/suggestions running.
I dont think i got conflicting extensions, since i uninstalled all but the Microsoft ones for testing. I’m doing the “Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games” course right now and did all the installing at the beginning, inclusing the Snippets by CAPTNCAPS which i uninstalled and reinstalled as well. Probably there is an easy solution? I got the feeling that wrong code/unfinished isnt showing as intendet as well - but that could just be my feeling after switching from C# :wink:

When i hover over code (in this example the HitResult from the Grabber Component in the course) it it tells me: “>Error-Type< HitResult” (other <> but i cant use them in the text here :wink: - and when i press ctr. + . (that should show the code action menu right? It tells me “no code actions available”.

Would be glad about any ideas - thanks!

Would you mind showing a screenshot of your full VS Code window?

P.S. the snippets extension is not needed for IntelliSense, only the C/C++ extension by Microsoft.
The snippets extension is just for shortcuts like typing “ulog [tab]” and it replaces that with UE_LOG(LogTemp, etc etc.)

Those are my extensions and my window, does this help? :wink: Thanks allready.

By the looks of it you would just need to do Tools > Refresh VS Code Project within Unreal as you need to do that whenever you add new files to the project so that the compileCommands.json, which tells IntelliSense how files are compiled so it can give you autocomplete and whatnot, gets updated with the new files.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That helped!
I didnt know that action at all and that it is needed in unreal after all new files that get implemented. Works like a charm now! That finaly enables me to see the options and help exploring the possibilities in unreal.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms