New Input system and Gamepad

I followed the newest version of TileVania with the newest input system and really enjoyed the experience with the mouse and keyboard but I noticed that when I tested it with my controller, my character’s jump was way higher than when I am using keyboard. I would love to understand this and how to normalize the experience between input types.

Hi FunkCrusader,

Unfortunately, I don’t know in which lecture you are. The tag (#10_TV_UY2) refers to lecture “Set Up Input System” but Rick implements the jumping feature in lecture “Jumpy Jump” (#14_TV_UY2) and the following. If you haven’t watched those videos yet, I would recommend to proceed with the course to see if Rick solves the problem you are currently experiencing.

See also:

Apologies, I actually completed the entire section and placed the question here since it referred to setting up the input system. Perhaps it would be better suited to the section on jump mechanics

Which input system do you use? And have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime? Maybe it is a good idea to log the input values into your console to see if you are getting the expected ones. It might be that your controller returns different values for some reason. However, before wasting time looking for solutions for assumed problems, try to figure out if the different input values are indeed a problem.

So. In my embarrassment can say I didn’t try to restart the app. The game is playing as it should now that I have restarted it. I only discovered that though in testing after adding the debug.log. Thanks so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms