NEW Device Simulator for UNITY

I couldn’t find Device Simulator anywhere in the Package Managers. I’m using the most current version of Unity(2021.20f1) and they have put the Device Simulator in the UI itself. It took me a while to find it. When looking elsewhere, most of it is a different way of explaining how Nathan did it!

Hope this helps those using the most recent version!

27 Likes

That’s correct. Starting in Unity 2021.1, the Device Simulator was (quietly) built into the editor.

7 Likes

Thank You Mate

1 Like

Thank you !

Thanks a lot!

thank you. I couldn’t find it either.

Awesome, thanks so much!

1 Like

Very useful. Thank you! I was about to google but figured I’d come here first.

Sorry to necro this thread.

I haven’t done much mobile programming yet with Unity, but in the most LTS recent version (2022.3.0) I don’t see the extra details on the Device Simulator such as CPU, Resolution, etc. Although as I said I’m fairly new to the mobile device programming :smiley:

That goes back even further, all the way to 2021.1 when they automatically installed the Device Simulator. Unity decided in it’s infinite “wisdom” to remove the ability to define your own specs or show what the specs of the devices they have in their simulations in.

1 Like

That’s too bad as it looked like it was useful information to have especially when simulating a device you’re programming a game for :smiley:

I don’t disagree. Add to that that the selection is rather limited, and usually behind… For example, I have a Google 6 Pro. Fantastic device, but nothing in the selection comes close (and when I last looked, the latest Pixel they had was a Pixel 5, but Google is up to 7). I don’t follow iOS devices terribly closely, but I’d imagine it’s equally behind the times.

There is a package (fully released) called Device Simulator Devices that allows up to iPhone 13 Pro (and Pro Max) and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, which is reasonably updated (2022).

Privacy & Terms