New Car Model - Corvette C7

Hello,
I have been working on my car design skill, i will put the body mesh and final render to compare the progress between my 1st car design and recent.
Feel free to ask questions or to give your notices.
Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is this some kind of commercial project or you just doing it for fun and practice?

Hey Sam, this is just practise with hope to bring it to the big stage one day :slight_smile:
Stay please up to date to see final result :blush:

1 Like

In case if you are not aware yet, there is a site https://sketchfab.com with tons of models, most of them are for show, some you can download for free, others you can buy, or even try and sell your own ones. There are some corvettes already. Sometimes you can find it is boring and disappointing to find that what you are doing is already done, but if you don’t mind you can use those models as reference.

1 Like

Nice site, that is why i love posting things so you can learn something new and exchange points of view :slight_smile:
i see this Corvette has many models but i hope my final render will be as good as the works over there :slight_smile:
Anyways if something is good does not mean i could be better :smiley:
Thanks Sam !

1 Like

Slowly getting there

2 Likes

CGMasters “Mastering Cars Creation” course?

1 Like

Yes , exactly
I recommend it to eveyone who wants to up their game :slight_smile:

Final Renders Of the Corvette C7 - CGIMasters Course, highly recommended to everyone !

4 Likes

Post More angles! :smile:

More focus… Where is the focus set to? The roof?

Focal point is set to the doors but the depth of field is also changed so it does creates some bluriness in the picture.
Here you go with more angles

4 Likes

This car is superbadass :smile:

Great job reproducing it!

1 Like

Smooth work! Very nice.

1 Like

How much time have you been practicing 3D modelling? Do you have some kind of job related to this or is this just hobby?

Well Sam, I have a degree in Virtual Design Engineering so i have been modeling for like 4- years now but recently much more according to my job and gigs :slight_smile:
I have done modeling in Catia , Solidworks, Inventor and now in Blender , much fun :slight_smile: i also recomend an Andrew Price YT speech on investing money in courses (link below) to understand the possibilities and opportunities :slight_smile: Hope you find a pleasure in that too!

3 Likes

Well… that explains some things :smiley:

Not a newbie anymore :wink:

1 Like

Just been curious, having such a background really explains your skill. Can agree partially about spending money on courses, this course on Udemy really was a great way to learn blender from nothing without even previous experience with 3D at all, I was surprised how good it is and that with all the lot of tutorials on YT there is no real good tutorial series like this 48-hour course to get you started from nothing into some firm understanding of the program. Although can’t agree much with Andrew Price, internet is swarming with charlatans looking to sell you useless or semi-useless stuff for sometimes really crazy prices, gotta be carefull.
It’s quite a funny story with Andrew Price actually, his advice to go spend money on stuff looks quite different if you compare the site he advertises almost in every of his video(poliigon.com) to (textures.com) for example. Texture library on poliigon isn’t that big, and marketing policies are quite aggressive(30 credits for first month and than either pay or get out), while on textures.com you got 15 free credits every day which allow you to get a low res textures, and you can download them, put them on your models, see if they suit you and than buy high-res versions if you need them. Then there is also https://hdrihaven.com/ where everything is free entirely and you can support the creator via patreon for as much as you think is right. The way I see it internet is full of free and reasonable priced programs (blender itself if example of that) and stuff that sometimes crazily expensive and can turn out pretty much a waste of money. Gotta be careful about all that. Bad thing is that quite often good modest stuff isn’t much advertised and hard to find.
Also check out this page if you are not away of it yet: https://www.creativeshrimp.com/resources.html

2 Likes

Nice one, if you are really scared about that your money will be spend in a way that you learn nothing much and won’t get a refound check cgmasters.net personally i can assure that Chris Plush Courses takes it to the higher lever of understanding the topology and how things work, and what is a real deal are all those shaders he explains. Personally it would take me a couple of months to figures some stuff out that he taught me over a course :slight_smile:
So if you have some spare money and free time this Master Car Creation in blender course is such a dimond, helps to gain a nice workflow and ability to predict some future flaws. Can also learn how to fix those things or prevent.
Really nice stuff

Wow! I like the car and tire Shader a lot. :sunglasses: It looks so realistic that it doesn’t look realistic, LOL! Can you tell/show me what what you did for your nodes for the car chassis and the tires, please. Keep up the Good work! :ok_hand:

Privacy & Terms