Neon breaker!

Ever since I got into game dev, I always wanted to create something in neon/vaporwave kinda style. So, I just ended up extreme tuning the Block breaker to that theme, and I am so glad about the outcome !!.
The core mechanics are the same as the default for now, as I got too involved with the visuals but I am planning to add some more crazy mechanics to go with the theme soon !!
Feedbacks appreciated. :slight_smile:
Cheers ! Thanks !ezgif.com-gif-maker

19 Likes

I love this so much! Is there more!! :smiley: I want to play it!

1 Like

Thank you, Kevin. I am glad you love it! :grin:
Ohh yes, there’s more !! I am just tweaking the game some more and will put out the game soon as it’s done !!. :slight_smile:

Love it! Good work!

1 Like

very cool, i like the strong colors, its very easy to catch someon atention with this:)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks !! :slight_smile:

Very nicely done. I especially like the shadow on the ball.
Looking forward to play the game!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

How did you get those VFX??

1 Like

I used Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline. There are so many options to play around with.
For the shadow effects, I used a free asset from the Unity asset store called Hard Light 2D.

1 Like

I am new to this so I don’t know how to do that. I tried but I am not able to download.
I need an explosive effect, please can you find and share it??

And also there is a slight problem in my game, the ball slows down or speeds up during the game.
I think it is happening because of the velocity tweak we have done when the ball is colliding with anything.
Can you please suggest a solution??

Here is my code:

private void OnCollisionEnter2D(Collision2D collision)
    {
        Vector2 velocityTwaeak = new Vector2(Random.Range(0f, randomFactor),
                                            Random.Range(0f, randomFactor));
        if(hasStarted)
        {
            ballRigidBody.velocity += velocityTwaeak;
        }
    }

Here is the level I have build:

It looks awesome and fantastic! Great job, I love the colors and the way it looks :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms