Need help

got these asteriods from the unity store but i am having trouble putting colliders on them any help?

Akindeji, it looks like your asteroids are prefabs. Taking Asteroid 1 as an example:

• Select the Asteroid 1 prefab in your Prefabs folder.
  • Click the Add Component button and navigate to Physics.
  • Select an appropriate collider. In this case, I’d go for a Sphere collider.
  • Size it with the Radius property and move it with the Offset properties to position it over the asteroid.
  • Depending on how accurate you want the collisions to be, you can add multiple intersecting colliders that you could position to match the shape.
  • If you have a RigidBody attached to the asteroid, the collision events would be handled in OnCollisionEnter / OnCollisionStay / OnCollisionExit events depending on when you want to check. If instead you’re using Trigger colliders, then they would be handled in OnTriggerEnter / OnTriggerStay / OnTriggerExit events.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

i will try this out now thank you for the help

i tried it but the collisons are to innacurate is there any other way

How about using a MeshCollider?

See also;

hey rob the mesh collider was my first option when i attached it to the game object nothing happned thanks for the unity doc i will read it now

Probably just a case of configuration, there are some limitations which are covered at the bottom of the document.

You may also find this useful;

Privacy & Terms