Need help fixing live coding

I have no issue with live coding disabled but it takes about a 1-5 minutes if I even change 2 lines in the header file, I try to enable Live coding but I get the error unable to parse Live coding.json here is a screenshot for reference

Please help because It is getting irritating waiting 5 minutes after fixing a typo in my code

Just want to confirm - you have your IDE open (vscode or visual studio) and aftern enabling livecoding you’re clicking on:

If so, and that error is showing - try:

• Close Unreal (give it a few seconds until the epic games launcher shows again)
  • Open your IDE and build
  • Re-open your project in unreal and try the live coding button again

As that is an engine file could you try verifying your engine please?
verify

I did it does not work, still says the same error message

I tried multiple times it does not work

Could you show the contents of that file?

Sure

Sorry I meant the .json file that is mentioned in the error message.

The yellow squiggles are warnings because its the wrong path, I already tried changing it it does not work

The problem with that line is the use of single \ in the key. Do you have that as an environment variable? If so may I ask why?

If you don’t know could you take a look

2019-09-11 08_59_02-System Properties

I don’t, I tried changing it to 2 \ it does not work, I tried to add an enviorment variable, It does not work, Is there anything else?

I was suggesting that if you have that as an environment variable that you should remove it.

Okay I did, Is there any other solution?

After doing that did you rebuild the project? If so do you get the exact same error, and is the contents of that json the same? Did you also try removing it from that json file?

Okay It Works, I had to remove The line, but Live Coding Does not detect Changes In Code, I had to Forcefully Remove It because It would Come Back, I Clicked No to All when It said There were changes outside the environment because It would cause the line to come back and It worked, But no changes in Code are Detected

So to be clear this is fixed now?

Kind of, It won’t Apply any changes I make to my code

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms