Need advice on planning for what do to after this course

Hey everyone! So I’m roughly halfway through the course at the moment, towards the end of Glitch Garden, but lately I’ve been going back through the previous lectures one by one so I can have a better grasp of things I’d forgotten or didn’t fully understand. So still a pretty long way from finishing it! I do have some rough ideas on what to do when I’m finished with it, but I was hoping I could get some advice from you lovely people to form a more concrete plan before I’m finished.

So it seems to I’ll have one of three options. The first would be to go on to another course, but that of course depends on how much I will ultimately learn from this current course. The second would be to start something myself, look for an artist and whoever else I might need. The third would be to join a team already working on something.

The dream would be to make games from home or with a small team. Not really looking to be an artist, although that GIMP 2D course currently on sale has me tempted. Some question I have are: is this course alone enough to get me confident in coding and using Unity? If not what other courses are recommended? Can I start something myself or would it be best to join a team first?

Hope that made sense, and thanks for any advice. :slight_smile:

IMO, the best thing to do in order to improve in making games is, make games. My suggestion is to keep doing small games, one different to the other and actually finish and ship them somewhere, a good option is to participate in Game Jams and/or in the onegameamonth challenge.

Thanks for the suggestions. :slight_smile: Onegameamonth sounds like fun. And I think I really should get to grips with something like GIMP. Gonna keep an eye on that course…

1 Like

It is a good idea to learn how to use GIMP,
I recommend Krita too if you want to actually produce art, gimp is OK for that but it is more image editing suited.

You gonna love the game jammers community :slight_smile: awesome people

1 Like

Privacy & Terms