Need a little help

Hi, my issue is a bit unrelated to this specific video, but it happened once I got to this point in the course material and it’s stopping me from continuing.

Issue is this: yesterday I tried to start the uproject file as usual but instead it gives an error that says this:
Screenshot_1
once I click yes it does try to do it but fails and says it needs to be manually.

After trying things out I noticed that running the build tool in Microsoft Visual Studio gives these errors in the output and fails to compile:

I spent two hours trying to figure out what causes this but had no luck (also found a bit in the code that wasn’t supposed to be there, but hadn’t thrown an error before…) From what people said deleting the intermediate folder and doing a manual build helped it didn’t for me. Also the “generate visual studio project files” did nothing to solve this.

Can you show the compiler output? It’s more trustworthy for actual errors than the visual studio error list.

Oh, my bad, I meant to include just that.

it seems you have done something wrong in Projectile.cpp line 37. Looks like you put a semicolon after function definition or forgot to put {.

lmao, I need to pay more attention to the errors… what tripped me up was that I didn’t see any errors (I think) when I finished working on it the other day but it didn’t work the next day and also that intellisense didn’t pick it up either… thanks a bunch!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms