MysteryHouse game

Inspired by the Hangman game by @DanielMcPherson, I wanted to see what I could create using the information learned in this section.
I built a game based on an old game I used to play on my Commodore 64, but I don’t remember the name of it.

In this game, someone has been killed. You need to explore a large house trying to find out who was killed, who did it and what weapon was used. Since the killer has left the house with the weapon, the game is a process of elimination. But to make it trickier, the people have a tendency to move around.

There’s a lot of code. Probably too much. It could use a clean up. The game data is stored in a JSON file which has the house layout, the suspects and the weapons. There’s also some text information stored in it. I didn’t do a good job with keeping all of the text in the file though because some of it is in the GD script and some of it is in the button images. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m really excited about how much I have learned and this is just the first section!

Here is a link to the GitHub for the project:

I just want to say congratulations on your game. I know it may be difficult sometimes to go on, but keep going. I’m aiming to make a game similar to yours as a learning project, and you helped greatly with how to handle some things.

Privacy & Terms