Inspired by the Hangman game by @DanielMcPherson, I wanted to see what I could create using the information learned in this section.
I built a game based on an old game I used to play on my Commodore 64, but I don’t remember the name of it.
In this game, someone has been killed. You need to explore a large house trying to find out who was killed, who did it and what weapon was used. Since the killer has left the house with the weapon, the game is a process of elimination. But to make it trickier, the people have a tendency to move around.
There’s a lot of code. Probably too much. It could use a clean up. The game data is stored in a JSON file which has the house layout, the suspects and the weapons. There’s also some text information stored in it. I didn’t do a good job with keeping all of the text in the file though because some of it is in the GD script and some of it is in the button images.
I’m really excited about how much I have learned and this is just the first section!
Here is a link to the GitHub for the project: