My Version of Martian Mike (Web Version)

@OboShape kindly gave me the detailed instructions to create a version of the game which is playable in the web browser. It’s exactly the same as the .exe but just missing some particle effects I added.

Here’s the link for anybody interested:

2 Likes

The controls are good but the game loop seems odd.

When you die the timer doesn’t reset and you get put back at the start, which I guess is kinda fine since the coins don’t reset either. But when the timer runs out the same thing happens, coins don’t get reset and you get put back at the start. It kind of makes it optimal to just get all the coins and wait for the timer to reset before going for the finish.

I think resetting both the timer and coins when you die/timer runs out would be better for the game.

Good work otherwise.

1 Like

This stuff didn’t cross my mind so thanks for informing me of the issues I overlooked. I pretty much followed the instructions in the tutorial, adding a few small features here and there.

I’m probably going to do the tutorial again in a few months using different assets so I will implement what you said.

Until then I’m going to do some different tutorials and maybe some C++.

Thanks again for your input @VVruba :slight_smile:

Haha no problem, I don’t know what the contents of the course are so this was coming from a “blind playthrough” perspective. Stay motivated!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms