My todo does not show up as maroon text

My todo does not show up as maroon text. Instead the colour is the same as the reset of the comment (i.e. green). Is there something I am supposed to set to get this to be maroon?

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot, and which IDE (code program) are you using?

Here is a code comments used:

// todo only if debug on

As mentioned in my original the word “todo” is in the same green colour as the rest of the comment. But in the videos whenever this is used the word “todo” is shown as red while the rest of the comment is green…probably to find quickly at a later time. Is there a setting for this?

You haven’t mentioned or shown which IDE you’re using, so it’s difficult to say. Different IDEs do it different ways.

I’m using the latest Visual Studio 2017

same here…have you resolved it?

Hi,

I’m not sure whether you are using PCs or Macs, Ben has suggested that this was “default behaviour” on his Mac, but in my various searches on Google I’ve not found anything which states that, and I am unable to personally replicate this as default on my PC/laptop using Visual Studio 2017.

If this is something you really feel you want/need, you might consider looking at the Visual Studio Marketplace, you can download a variety of extensions which will add to the features of Visual Studio, this one in particular may meet your needs (but there are others);

This one is very nice, but appears to only be for Visual Studio Code;

Note: There are tabs across the top of the Marketplace which enable you to filter by Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code etc

1 Like

I thought there might be something integrated too.
Guess I’ll download the plugin :slight_smile:
tnx Rob.

1 Like

Solution - install some sort of extension like 'Better comments’
Then you can customise if you want only the todo(TODO) keyword highlighted, coloured
or you could customise other things as well.
Inside visual studio go to: tools -> extensions and updates -> online -> search for “better comments” -> download -> install -> restart visual studio for it to take effect.
After that go to: tools -> options -> better comments -> general (there you can tick colour only the TODO keyword)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms