My thoughts on why the original mesh does not work for the "Hero Animation BP"

Hello All! So my thoughts on why the original; mesh does not work with the new BP is either the new “Hero” BP has specific references to the skeletal mesh that was imported with the package, or the Bone structure in the original mesh is different from that in the new mesh. If it was the former, I would imagine that you could probably remap the BP to a different BP fairly easily, which is probably the process that Daniel was Talking about in the Q&A (see link below for Animation Re-targeting), while if it were the latter, then it would probably be harder to change a BP to a new mesh…

Any thoughts on what I have said? Thanks!

Animation Re-targeting: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Animation/RetargetingDifferentSkeletons

So an update on what I believe is happening… Given the rest of the video, as mentioned by Ben, the only thing that is being changed is the reference to the Skeletal mesh. As pointed out by Ben, the BP is expecting the Skeletal mesh to be coming from one location, however unless you set the mesh as this in the character, you will not get the animation. Therefore it is fully a reference issue that we came across here. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms