My thoughts on the challenge

I will go all over the place in this post strictly showing my thought process.(Only time I jumped back up the post)

Firstly, going at this I thought of whether i’d use a component or inheritance.
Without enough details on the subject i went into how the actor would even pick it up:
As the pawn moves up to the object,
If the chair is a movable object it should snap to an invisible “magnet” in front of the pawn, whether or not there is a keystroke involved is an entirely different beast.

back to first topic, We could make it an inheritance and add all objects that can be picked up to it. like A chair is a movable object, a table is a movable object, etc. This would make it easier to add other objects to the code.
If it was a component then the code would be restricted to just what actor we made it for.(I think)

I was reading about sockets and how they snap the object into a spot specified. I can see why it might be of use as I think you can easily set it to snap and unsnap with a line of code.
For example, if you walk into the chair and press e or f, it snaps. press again it unsnaps and physics do the rest.

I am wondering how it would handle other things blocking it. Would it just break the connection? would it find its way around and whoosh back to its spot? (I am thinking of how half life does it)

Anyway, back to the video. That’s all I have to say about this.

Privacy & Terms