My thoughts on lecture 42

The first half was nice way to get us to think critically to solve the issue we were having. However the second half felt a little nitpicky to me. At first when he said that the problem that we had is still in the background, I thought he meant the huge error we were getting before patching it with the switch statement and I though we were going to actually fix that but instead we just changed a few names around and removed unnecessary comments. Pretty much cleaning the code in which I understand the importance of that since other programmers will be looking at the code but for a little bit it kind of felt nitpicky. I mean was it really a big deal if we changed the method from SubmitGuess() to SubmitValidGuess()? Or leaving some of the comments there that are correct since the comments don’t mess up the code plus they stand out from the rest of the code. I mean I understand that of course we want the comment to correctly explain what is happening in the correct spot (i.e not confuse the others reading the code). I guess the thing was that the last half of the video was just changing code around and removing comments and I felt some of it was a little unnecessary.

Don’t get me wrong, I am highly enjoying the course and learning a lot from it. It’s just this one lecture that felt off. Have a great day everyone.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms